Thursday, July 13, 2006

gratitude

How could you do this to me?
You held me right in your arms
You touched my heart with your tenderness
Made my stone cold heart melt

Your lips so soft to kiss
Your arms that hold me through the night
Those almost perfect words you say
Caressed my heart and swept me away

I wish I have known before
Long before you came to my lifeS
omeone like you was too good to be true
Turned my world around

I thought what we had was utopia
But you made them into a blazing inferno
A river of burning rage and hate
A scorching fire of distrust

I find it hard to trust anyone
Entrust my whole life and being
You made my life a living hell
Abandoned me with your mess

The song that use to sound so sweet
Turned sour in a traitor's lips
You left me alone and miserable
You dumped me in an abyss of endless hate

The wormhole of sadness sucked me right in
Leaving me with nothing but a weeping soul
A kindred spirit that used to be free
Is now tormented with unending loathe

You left me with the curse of Pandora
Even took away my hope
You buried me in a forlorn grave
With the souls of loathing ravens

My being that used to fly so high
Is now grounded and cannot fly
It’s not enough for you to see
All the things you've done to me

You still continue to afflict me
When all I wanted was to be free
My eyes that used to be filled with glee
Is now weeping with tears of despair

Wished I haven’t met you at all
Maybe I wouldn’t feel this way
I lost faith in everything
I even lost faith in me

Why did you have to say you love me?
When all that comes from you are lies
Lies that broke my solitude
And left me in anguish

Your presence still haunts me to this day
Can’t take away the torment in my life
You took away this angel's wings
And robbed me of my pride and dignity

Now at night I look at the sky
Praying that someone would give me back my wings
My heart still is shattered
From the pain you inflicted

My life is now wasted
Hating you is all I can do
Wished there something to make me feel better
Coz I can’t stand being bitter

Time will come that I can move on
Thinking you don’t exist
Someone will come to save me in this endless solitude
And give his undying love and devotion

But for now I want to thank you
For all the things you’ve put me through
I learned to protect myself from people like you
All I can say now is thank you!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Love Poems said...

How can such a beauty like you be so forlorn? Don't despair, the right person will come along at the right time. Meanwhile, keep loving yourself everyday.

11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home